Coleman's expressions

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

RSS

In exploring RSS this past week, I thought I would share the following blog sites that appear to be excellent for educators - just in case you want to add to your own bloglines!

The Strength of Weak Ties - David just posted two RSS resources for teachers and has other applicable postings with additional links!

And another mother lode is Will Richardson's Weblogg-ed - after reading this site, it makes me wonder how I could have missed such great teaching/learning opportunities. He is also just about ready to publish a book, Blogs, Wikis, and Podcasts..., which sounds like a good one to review (not sure it will be available before this class is over, so keep it in mind for future!).

With my research so far, I would definitely see this social software as a springboard for many educational lessons - it also is more than an operational tool, but a true application for educators.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Marie!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog and for the suggestions you posted in yours! I have been quite busy with other classes this week and I am just getting around to looking at all these different feeds and the ones you recommended are great starting places!

    I was excited to hear you were at VCU for a semester! I just love the downtown Richmond area! It is very beautiful. I was born in Richmond, but grew up in Ridgefield, CT for 17 years. My parents moved back to Richmond about 2 years ago and I have loved going home to visit and getting back to my roots there :) It really is a great city/area.

    I have not made up my mind just yet, but I know I will be teaching in Florida for a few years, if not permanently. I am really looking foward to having my own classroom, especially now with all of this neat technology we are learning about!

    I hope to hear more from you throughout these next few weeks!

    Happy blogging!

    -Becky

    By Blogger Becky, at 1/19/2006 11:52 AM  

  • Marie - GREAT resources. I read the RSS for Educators this week. I wish I would have known about it before the class. It may be a bit overwhelming as an introductory read but hopefully a lot of folks in the class will read it now that they know a bit about RSS. Keep the great resources coming!! THANKS!! -KD :)

    By Blogger Kara Dawson, at 1/20/2006 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home