Coleman's expressions

Thursday, January 12, 2006

New Year - New Beginnings

2006 - a new year and opportunity for new beginnings! I am delighted to once again be participating in an Educational Technology online course (3rd one) through UF!! I look forward to interactions and learnings that will provide continual challenges in my ongoing journey of life...

Unlike many (probably even most) of my classmates in this course, I am "old" (at least in chronological years)...I have been in the business of education for almost 30 years. My experience ranges from teaching to counseling to administraiton with a variety of ages/levels: 9th grade through adult (both basic education and graduate teaching). I currently work full-time (not in the classroom) for Collier County School District in Naples, FL at our post-secondary technical center, which will offer a on-site high school with a career education emphasis, beginning next year. I also usually teach EME 2040, Intro to Educ Tech at our community college, but not doing so this semester.

I earned a doctorate in Educational Administration nearly 20 years ago and have continued to learn via formal or informal education settings since - the epitome of lifelong learning - it works for me! My master's was in Guidance and Counseling and my bachelor's in Psychology, so teaching is something I added on with certifications.

Using as much technology as I can on a daily basis, I consider it a necessary and vital tool - how did we live without it! I am always interested to learn more, but time is often an obstacle. Thus, this class, I hope, will help me to focus on pursuing additional educational technology integration and applications. I'm already psyched to learn more about podcasts (I've used blogs before, but was unaware of RSS, so I've had fun this week exploring new podcasts to add to my subscription!).

Between work and classes, there's not much time for other priorities, but I do volunteer at our Neighborhood Health Clinic and am in the continuous mode of remodeling the house. My precious 14-year-old Huskie and a wellness routine are also a big part of my daily loves...
That's Sheitan "staring down" her fish toy - actually, I think she is sleeping... :^)


Looking forward to a fun and interesting class with lots of learning!!
Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home