Coleman's expressions

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Curriculum Unit - UBD: Stage 3

Continuing the curriculum planning for my unit on Ethical, Legal and Social Issues, I’ve selected a number of learning activities to meet the desired results and assessment evidence. In addition, I’ve incorporated technology as a supportive tool to enhance the activities. There are many web sites that supplement the textbook readings and provide not only updated and in-depth information but also applicable examples. I’ve also included a model WebQuest, blogs, wikis, technology productions tools (word processing and/or publishing, PowerPoint) and online quizzes.

Please note that since this is college-level course, many of the activities will be done outside of the allotted class time – in planning this unit, I’m using the old formula (that is often a ‘joke’) of expecting students to spend 2-3 times the amount of time outside of class as during class time.


Learning Activities

4 Comments:

  • How right you are - I did neglect to add the "L" of KWL at the end of the unit and will make sure it is there for the final plans!

    Thanks!

    By Blogger M Coleman, at 4/09/2006 11:02 AM  

  • Marie,

    Your plan is very impressive. You've given me plenty of ideas that I can use for my own unit.

    By Blogger Mr. J. Harmon, at 4/09/2006 12:35 PM  

  • Marie,

    I like the specific detail in your outline. I have yet to add that to my plan. I hope that I can find some of the resources rather than making all of them myself.

    Jessica

    By Blogger JS, at 4/09/2006 7:21 PM  

  • Marie,
    Your unit looks appears very well organized with the WHERETO elements added. I'm sure this will make it easier as you develop it further. I am so impressed that one of the sources you're using is our class wiki from EME5405. Now that's using a source you know well!

    By Blogger Dale, at 4/11/2006 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home